Tooth-colored fillings from the office of Dean Israel and Associates aim to give you a healthy, beautiful smile. Also known as composite or white fillings, tooth-colored fillings can help restore your teeth in a natural-looking way. They can be used to restore decayed, chipped or fractured teeth, to close gaps between the teeth, to help the teeth look straighter and to make other repairs related to the shape, size and color of your teeth.
Advantages of tooth-colored fillings
- They closely match natural appearance of the teeth.
- They can restore up to ninety-five percent of the original strength of the tooth.
- They chemically bond to tooth structure.
- Tooth sensitivity is minimal and brief.
- They harden very quickly.
- They may be used on back as well as front teeth.
The Process of Placing Tooth-Colored Fillings
First, we will first use local anesthesia to numb the area where the filling is needed. After that, any existing decay on the tooth is removed, and the tooth is cleaned and dried. Then, the filling material is placed onto the tooth and is carefully shaped and polished to give the tooth a natural look.