Periodontal services are aimed at taking care of the structures surrounding your teeth such as the gum and the jaw bone. At Dean Israel and Associates, we offer the following periodontal services to treat all stages of gum and jawbone related problems:
- Scaling and Root Planing: This is a non-surgical treatment used to treat the early stages of periodontal disease. It is a deep dental cleaning done under the effect of a local anesthetic to remove bacterial deposits and tartar from above and below the gumline and help heal the inflammation caused by gingivitis (early stage gum disease). This is followed by smoothing the root surfaces to prevent bacterial deposits from recurring.
- Gum Graft Surgery: Gum graft surgery is conducted to repair gum recession and to protect and cover exposed tooth roots. The graft may be sourced from a donor or from the palate of one’s own mouth.
- Dental Crown Lengthening: The procedure of dental crown lengthening involves reshaping excess gum tissue to expose more of the natural tooth structure. It is done to fix a “gummy” smile.
- Pocket Reduction (Osseous Surgery/Gingivectomy): Pocket reduction surgery is done to treat advanced-stage periodontal disease where pockets are formed between the tooth and gum tissue, housing bacteria and plaque. The gum tissue is cleaned and folded back so that it can heal and attach to the healthy teeth again.
- Ridge Augmentation: Ridge augmentation involves adding bone grafts to the jaw in order to build up the ridge so that dental implants can be placed successfully.
- Ridge Preservation: Ridge preservation procedures are conducted immediately after a tooth extraction. A bone graft is placed at the extraction site if low jawbone density is observed to enhance the success rate of implant placement in the future.
- Regenerative Procedures: These procedures aim to restore the gum and bone health deterioration caused due to advanced stage periodontal disease.
- Sinus Lift: Sinus lift surgery is done to enhance the success rate of implant placement in the upper jaw by lifting the sinus floor and developing bone for the placement of implants.
If you are looking for quality treatment for gum disease or tips on how you can avoid it altogether, contact us at (561) 368-0770 to schedule a consultation. We are located at 125 Crawford Blvd., Boca Raton, FL 33432.